Thursday, April 16, 2009

Big Bird

My husbands response to the fabric I purchased for my dress- "It reminds me of Big Bird!"


Ha ha ha.


I was more than mortified that the dress, once completed, did in fact make me look like Big Bird. I thought the pattern would be slimming, but I screwed up my own measurements and made the dress about 4 sizes too big on top. The skirt poofed out so much that my already significant derriere looked like I had padded it with a couch cushion. No problem, I can alter it, right? Wrong. I over altered and now it is too small. In a moment of sheer madness I had chopped off the excess fabric, and now I am left with scraps of yellow fabric and no dress. I think I have enough fabric left over to redo the top. I'll take another stab at it!


No comments:

Post a Comment