Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bunny's Jacket

After seeing Grosgrain's Conservatory jacket here, I decided to try my hand at one as well - in kid size. I had a beautiful blue fabric that brought out Bunny's eyes. There were several firsts with this project. Up until lately I had been sticking to simple projects mostly consisting of rectangles and squares. I had never done a jacket before and this meant learning how to do sleeves and multiple pleats. After a rapid search through the patterns at Fabricland I decided that I would just make my own pattern - sort of. I had another dress pattern that I hadn't used, so I used the bodice and sleeves as a guide. I then free-handed the bottom of the jacket and the collar. I can't really recall how I did it, but I managed to make it work. Now if I could just get Bunny to let me take a picture of her in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment